Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The real story about the stairs...

As we were planning out how the upstairs space would function, we decided to have built-ins, floor to ceiling, with a box seat window in between.  We grappled with placement of windows and size of windows for a SPECIFIC wall.  When the floor went on upstairs, the measurement from first floor to second had changed, which meant that the measurement of the stairwell had to change to fit code.  Long story short...the stairwell was going further into the wall we had so meticulously planned.  We would be walking up into the side of the built-in.  So we had to change plans, drastically.  I was really upset.  And Dave in his wisdom says, "Kath, there is gonna be a rainbow, I don't know where, but we'll find it!"  When the stairs went in and I walked up and looked around, I looked out at the views from the windows.  What a gorgeous view out the front window (opposite the planned wall).  Voila!  There was my rainbow.  We quickly decided to put a box seat under that opposite window and changed the configuration of the built-ins.  The double rainbow is that I get more wall space for the built-ins. 

Here WAS the view (backyard)




Here IS the view
(Pretty without all the construction stuff and cars parked where ever.)

This is a view I will enjoy looking out at while I sit in my window seat!

No comments: