Some time has passed since my last post. As I suspected, my life has not calmed down too much since this summer. But I am finally posting before and after pictures of our house.
This is the house as we bought it at 1248sq ft.
We took down the big tree casting the shadow.
This was after our first addition to the front.
There was a second addition to the back the next summer.
This is our third and FINAL addition making our house 3000sq ft.
I am glad that, for the most part, it is over. Our family went through such unimaginable and miserable turmoil and stress over the summer. I would never recommend living in a house while UNDER construction, especially with an autistic child. Words cannot express how hard this was to go through and the toll we ALL paid to make this happen. But Dave and I felt strongly that this was going to eventually prove as a blessing in our lives. We are living in the space and enjoying it very much. We still have a few minor projects like shelves and closet doors. And we ran into a few post-construction problems that we are still fixing, but all-in-all, the space is beautiful. We are all still trying to put things, including our lives back together after such a horrific experience. And we are finding that the blessings are far more outreaching than the benefits of having more space. Blessings that never would've entered our lives if it had not been for this experience. And the biggest blessing was the testimoney that I gained that Dave and I can make it through ANYTHING if we do it together and keep the faith!!!



7 comments:
WOW, it looks great. A lot different from what I imagined.
Congratulations! It looks like it was always meant to be that way. Great job!
Oh my goodness! That can't be the same house. You are truly a warrior for making it through! I think we'll just buy a new house. I still want to stop by someday and see how it looks :)
Yay! You made it! It looks fantastic.
Congratulations!
This is the first time I have seen a picture of your house in all the above stages. The final look is beautiful. Enjoy your new space!
Holy cow that is gorgeous! So not the house I remember from growing up. That is the key though that you need to stick together with the Lord and you can do anything.
Post a Comment