
It snowed in Western Washington last night. We got about 4" of snow. This is nothing new to the pacific northwest. We occasionally get more than a dusting of snow. It isn't to last very long, however. It has already switched to rain and within 24 hours it will be gone. So I was out last night taking pictures while it was still snow. And some of the pictures I took reminded me of a game Dave and I used to play while dating up at BYU. On nights where it was snowing we would drive up into the Provo foothills where there were no city lights. We would put on our high beams and just drive. It felt as though we were in a space ship whizzing past the stars. It reminded us of the movie Star Wars so that is what we called it. It is silly, but we sure enjoyed it. The more it was snowing, the more fun and thrilling it was. Scary at times because you couldn't see the road. We have even shared this with our children which brought them to giddy delight.
I wonder what memories the next snowfall will bring...
1 comment:
Love the birdhouses.
Post a Comment