Sunday, June 19, 2011

I live in this cute little town! I LOVE Snohomish!!


When I was a little girl I dreamed about a life in a cute little town.  I dreamed about buying a cute little house with a white picket fence where flowers could brace themselves as they grew.  I dreamed of settling down and raising a cute little family with lots of pitter-pattering little feet.  I love little feet.  And spending my days wearing my apron and going about my daily chores with a song in my heart.  Oh yah, and my house would always be clean!  SCREATCH!!!!!!  Okay, so the picket fence is still a work in progress (we've been in this house 14 years).  And the cute little house?  I truly hated it when we first bought it.  I cried our first night in it.  And as for being little,  well...not so much since our 900 square foot addition last summer, but who's complainin'.  And as lots of little feet go, ummm ya, reality kicked in and I wasn't too fond of the pregnancy thing.  I don't go around doing my chores with a song in my heart (I won't tell you the state of my mind when I AM doing my mundane chores), but I DO wear an apron most days.  *Note: Aprons with pockets are great for holding little items like leggos and hot wheels until you get to the rooms they belong in to put them away, supposing you don't vacuum them up first.  OOPS!  Shhhh...I'll never tell.  By-the-way, whatever happend to that rule of NO TOYS OUTSIDE OF BEDROOMS???  I'm still wondering when my kids are gonna learn that one.  Many of the things I dreamed of having have had to be put on hold.  But as for living in a cute little town, I have had the priveledge of living in this cute little town of Snohomish for 16 years and I love it!  Dream list: box next to "cute little town"...Check!

2 comments:

Emily's World said...

I do miss Snohomish! Love you!

DeEtta said...

I love your small town too.