Before Shaney left for BYU she and Jared had a serious talk about being the oldest at home. I had no idea that this had happened. But I'm not surprised. Shaney and Jared have always been close and serious discussions often ensue between the two of them about any number of topics. Upon moving away from home Shaney was very concerned about how the separation would affect me. And with Shaney being gone Dave and I were worried that Jared would continue to live in her shadow. But we were so wrong. Jared matured within only a few months and became someone I could really count on. When I was lonely Jared would notice and would come hangout with me. Or come be wherever I was just to talk about "stuff". We would even continue our tradition of lingering at the dinner table after dinner laughing at jokes that weren't even funny. Jared has become someone I could really trust all the time. And even though I have always adored that kid, in these few months he has become my other best friend. I suppose I'm grateful for this opportunity to grow closer to my Jared. If Shaney had never left home I would've never had this opportunity to find my other bestie. Life just doesn't get much better!!
What we are is more important than what we have been. And what we can become is more important than what we are. Dr. Brent Barlow
Sunday, February 17, 2013
My Other Bestie
Before Shaney left for BYU she and Jared had a serious talk about being the oldest at home. I had no idea that this had happened. But I'm not surprised. Shaney and Jared have always been close and serious discussions often ensue between the two of them about any number of topics. Upon moving away from home Shaney was very concerned about how the separation would affect me. And with Shaney being gone Dave and I were worried that Jared would continue to live in her shadow. But we were so wrong. Jared matured within only a few months and became someone I could really count on. When I was lonely Jared would notice and would come hangout with me. Or come be wherever I was just to talk about "stuff". We would even continue our tradition of lingering at the dinner table after dinner laughing at jokes that weren't even funny. Jared has become someone I could really trust all the time. And even though I have always adored that kid, in these few months he has become my other best friend. I suppose I'm grateful for this opportunity to grow closer to my Jared. If Shaney had never left home I would've never had this opportunity to find my other bestie. Life just doesn't get much better!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment