*Disclaimer* My brain is obviously not happy these days (sleep deprivation I guess) so this is another wacky post. Good luck my friends.
I am having a hard time sleeping these days. So tonight I thought I would do stuff on my computer. I was remembering that on the way to church this morning I realized that I needed to buy a new pair of tall black boots for fall and winter. I typically wear boots to church during these seasons. I've been doing some shopping online. Last year I noticed that my black pair of boots had a tear developing just above the heal. Bummer! I really liked those boots. Spring was on its way so I put buying new boots off until closer to when I needed them. So now I have the two ingredients for my memory Monday...church and boots.
This memory goes back many years when I was still doing the music in primary. Dave was in the bishopric and I was trying to get children, myself, and primary ready for 9 o'clock church by my self. Not my favorite mornings. I'm not sure how it happened because I certainly don't get dressed in the dark. But I walked out the front door wearing one black boot on the left foot and one brown boot on the right. Nobody said a word to me. I went all through primary like that. One of the Sunbeam teachers said she noticed but thought it was on purpose for primary. Not sure what I could possibly have used that visual for. When I got home and realized what I had done I was so embarrassed, but I was also laughing. You have to admit, it was really fumy. Needless to say, I am more careful when I put on my boots to make sure they are both matching.
Tonight while shopping I found the perfect boots to replace my old ones. There will be no way I can mix them up now. These boots are suede. I can't wait for them to get here.
No comments:
Post a Comment