Last Monday I turned 29...again! We joke now that Shaney is my sister instead of my daughter. That just looks weird for a 29 year old mother to have an almost 21 year old daughter. Eh, it works for me. When Shaney turns 29 we will just have to be twins. I know, right. We almost are. From a distance, a very great distance, people already think we are. Tee hee hee
Okay, I'll fess up. This year I really turned 43. But, shhhh, don't ever tell anyone. It's a secret. Ugh, that is such an ugly number. I wish I didn't have to own it. Denial works for me.
The Sunday evening before my birthday, Dave and I are having a conversation before retiring for the night. Sometimes, in Dave's tiredness, he gets a little ... punchy, shall we say. And right in the middle of our conversation he shoots up his eyebrows, gapes open his mouth, and gasps. This only slightly surprises me, because he does this every so often. He then says to me in a very animated way, "YOU are a prime number". Prime numbers, by definition are numbers that can only be divided by one and itself. Don't ask. I'm not sure why this excites him. But okay, I'll play along. He then tilts his head, looks up, and then declares that 47 is also a prime number as well as 53. This man is now trying to age his wife. I do not like this game! He is really spirited now. "Um, Dave, I'm only 29", I said giggling. "Which is also a prime number", Dave enthusiastically declares. Good grief! Now sighing, shaking my head back and forth and rolling my eyes. Only Dave! Here's to prime number birthdays and a funny husband. LQTMS
No comments:
Post a Comment