Monday, February 16, 2015

So Many Treasures!

I love family outings.  For the most part, they are a nice reprieve from our everyday lives and routines.  On today's outing we went to Samish Island and Padilla Bay Estuary.  One of my favorite birding spots.  No clocks, no cell phones, just us, birds, and the beach.  We saw so many neat things on our jaunt.  We spotted Herons and Snow Geese all over the farm fields.  We laughed at funny road signs.  We were amazed by an Eagles nest with a growing chick inside.  We tried not to blink when we passed a little town named W Edison with a population of only 8.  The whole town lives on a water way with a tiny marina.  And that was just on the way to our destinations.

(Keep reading, there's more.)



Funny road sign



Population 8

W Edison

Snow Geese


Finally at our first destination, Samish Island, we met a friendly dog named Woody.  He came running out of nowhere with his tail wagging as soon as we got out of the car.  The boys were a little trepidatious, considering he is a strange dog and you shouldn't pet strange dogs.  He just followed us all the way down to the beach and we all discovered that Woody was a very well trained and polite dog.  He loved Ryan and stayed right by his side up and down the beach.  The boys would throw sticks and Woody would go fetch, but not in the water.  Apparently, Woody wasn't fond of treading water.  The boys instantly fell in love.  And here it comes ... "Mom, can we get a dog?"  We are NOT getting a dog!  Our stay at Samish Island was very short, but memorable.  We all really want to go back and visit Woody ... Oh, and the beach.  

(Keep going ...)


Bye Woody

RENT ME!  360-757-8771

We also found an adorable little cottage for rent with a goreous view of the bay.  Isn't she a charmer?  So dreamy and idealistic.  So full of life and stories, I'm sure.  I fell in love with this little cottage.  Oh, the things I could do with the peace and quiet found in the picturesque little abode.  I could paint, write, read, dream, THINK, sleep, watch the sun rise and set.  I think I may need to rent that sweet thing for a nice long weekend.  

(You're not done, yet)


Treasure!
 And here we are at the estuary.  It is one of our favorite places.  We typically come here when the tide is out and there are lots of sea treasures to be found, but today we came when the tide was high.  However, Ryan found some other treasures instead.  While digging in the sand, he found a T-Rex toy.  And before you know it, he was unearthing all kinds of little toys that some child had left behind.  What a fun little cache he found.  The lighting was great and I was able to capture some really fun pictures of the boys.  I love the lighting of the ocean and the sun hitting the water.  I almost always get some great photos.  




1 comment:

DeEtta said...

That looks like my kind of place. Happy you were able to have a great Valentine's Day.