My 'Monkey' finally had his birthday party after having to postpone it for one week due to a sprained arm (wrestling with daddy). He woke up this morning saying, "is it my birthday?" We tried explaining that his birthday was two weeks ago and today was his party. It was just too abstract for him to grasp so we gave up and finally said, "YES, today is your birthday!" He also has been telling people that he is almost 7. We weren't even gonna try that one so we would say, "Ya, Ryan, in 50 weeks you will be 7". Oh well, one day he will understand the concept of time. But until then, he is my 6 year-old little 'Monkey'!
This little girl shares Ryan's birthday. Her mommy and I are very good friends and were pregnant at the same time 6 years ago. I would tell her mommy, "If I get to the hospital first, I'll call you to hurry up, and if you get there first, call me!" When Ryan's daddy was checking me in to the hospital in walks this little girl's parents to be. We ended up delivering on the same day, same hospital (obviously), same doctor just a few hours apart. It is such a fun memory to share.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryan!!
Looks like a fun party.
Happy Birthday Ryan. Looks like your party was worth the wait. Each day now you will be closer to 7. Love you.
Happy birthday Ryan! Wow, it looks like the party was a hit and it looked to be located in such a beautiful spot! I miss tall green trees like that. Living in the desert here sure has some cons to it.
Happy Birthday Ryan and Abby. Is that coolest of all tree trunks ever in Ferguson Park? I really like it.
Post a Comment