We took a hike through a nature reserve to a sandy river beach on the Snohomish River. (Yes, we actually have sandy beaches here.) The floods of the year left much of the landscape changed and sometimes we found ourselves trapesing through brush to get to our destination.
We all had such a nice time. And with Dave having almost more fun than the kids, I was often left thinking that I actually had 5 kids instead of 4! He makes it so much fun.
I commented that the pros to a river beach over an ocean beach was NO WIND, but the con was NO SOUND! (I love the sound of waves crashing on the shore!) I guess you can't have it all!
Above was just a funny picture of where the trail split into two and we were left wondering...will the sandy beach be this way, or that way?
At the end of they day we hiked the mile or so to get back to the car and go home. I think everyone had a GREAT day!
*Trivia for the day:
Flip-flops can say alot about a person. Can you guess who's are who? And what do you think they say about us? Hmmmmm?????
4 comments:
Kathy, I am trying so hard to keep up with your blog these days...you are so into it, I definitely have to check every day to make sure I haven't missed anything.
You guys look like you had a blast. Can you tell me what David was actually doing? Jumping over the pile of sand? Playing tag with one of the kids and running away?
Great pictures. I really like the flip-flop picture.
Oooh, I just looked at the flip flop picture again. OK, so the last pair to the right have to be Ryans, because he seems like such a character and fun to be around and the sandals look the same flipped the way they are. The pink ones are Shaneys I'm guessing because she loves pink (or they are yours). Hmmm, it looks like you are missing a pair of flip flops. Could it be that David didn't wear any? I've actually never known him to wear sandals like that before....
Deborah...you were dead on about Ryans flips, Mine are pink, and David's were the ones missing.
About the pic of Dave, he was jumping over the pile of sand. :D
The flip-flops tell me that you had a great day and didn't have to worry about getting sand in your shows. Looks like a fun day, my kind of day.
Post a Comment