Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Falling in love, all over again!




When Dave and I got married, I had some very beautiful flowers in my wedding bouquet. I was informed that these were peonies. I fell in love with them and decided that I wanted a garden of them when we bought our first home. True to his word, Dave bought me several peony tubers, at considerable cost, and we planted them out front. They have since been moved (for the remodel), babysat by Mother and Daddy, and by Ann (during all the construction), and split into seperate plants (payment to the babysitters). They are so easy to grow. Just plant them and leave them and they produce gorgeous blooms year after year. They are the envy of the whole neighborhood. And I LOVE them. I think I need more!



5 comments:

Dixie said...

Those are beautiful. I can see why they're the envy of the neighborhood.
Do they bloom year round?

DeEtta said...

They are beautiful, Kathy. I planted some this year but they haven't come up yet. I can't wait. Aunt Wanda had a whole garden of peonies so they remind me of her.

Deborah said...

WOw, those are very beautiful and bright. If you want, you can come out to San Diego and do a garden design to my brown yard!

Katherine Mortenson Weller said...

Dixie, they only bloom a short while in the spring.
Mom, maybe you planted yours too deep. They should be up by now.
Deborah, I would love to if you really want me to. :D

Scrappycook said...

Gorgeous flowers! Your yard is beautiful!