This first one is a pot that Ryan's Kindergarten class gave me with all their finger prints on it. How cute is that? The next one is from Matthew's second grade class. It is filled with licorice and they have all signed it. Now if I can figure out how to wash it without washing off all their cute signatures.
What we are is more important than what we have been. And what we can become is more important than what we are. Dr. Brent Barlow
Thursday, June 11, 2009
This year I have had the opportunity to volunteer in my boys' classrooms on a weekly basis. I have also been privileged to participate as a chaperon on field trips. I have made new friends with many of the parents and have made friends with the teachers as well. I have found that, although 25 - 30 children in one room can sometimes be overwhelming, it is also deeply satisfying to contribute, even in some small way, to the formal learning of my children. Each classroom even presented me with darling Thank You gifts, which I will cherish. These kids are so darling and I will miss them terribly. These children truly are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and every once in a while I would get a glimpse of how much He really loves them. And it makes me so incredibly grateful to the teachers who show up for work every day to teach my children the things that I could not. To love them and care for them and genuinely be interested in my boys' well being. Thank you to every caring teacher out there who ever is or ever has been involved in the education of little children. You truly are remarkable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment