Wednesday, July 29, 2009

105 Degrees in Snohomish Today

We are breaking records all over the Puget Sound this week. We Washingtonians are not used to this humid heat. I LOVE the heat, but not the humidity! Not very many people here have air conditioners, and everybody has been running their fans 24/7 including the Wellers. Shaney, Jared and I have even been sleeping with a bag of ice over our hearts just to cool down enough to sleep. Our house has been getting up to 87 degrees in the late evenings. Wretched!!! And everyones level of grumpiness has peaked. Needless to say...WE NEEDED A BREAK FROM THE HEAT!!! So today we went to the Pilchuck River with our Mortenson cousins. The water level was low and the temperature of the water was perfect! The kids innertubbed down the river and I even found myself a nice shallow spot in the water and sat there for an hour or so. Ahhhhhh!!! I love Summer!

3 comments:

Scrappycook said...

My sister said it was 108 in Portland today! Yikes! It has been a really cool summer for us - strange.

RayNTin said...

Love the pictures!

Dixie said...

what a fun way to cool off! i hope you're enjoying the rest of your summer.