Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Coming Home

I am a very habitual person. I like to do the same things at the same times on the same days. In the mornings I get up, feed the boys, get them off to school, come home and run on my machine, shower, do my make-up and hair, pick up my bathroom and make my bed in that order, EVERY MORNING! When my sanctuary and my personal temple are presentable for the day, I kneel down where my bay window is in my bedroom and pray. Often, during prayer, I will hear the geese. I look out my bay window and watch them flying overhead on their way to Blackman's Lake, which is just up the street from my house. They fly north in the morning, and south, to another nearby lake, in the evenings. Very habitual animals as well. I love to hear the honking sounds they make as they fly in a uniform V-shape over my house. And if you listen close enough, you can hear the wind as it softly passes over and under their wings. Wonderful sound. I am always amazed at how such delicate looking creatures can be so incredibly strong. Kind of like a testimony. I often have to ask Heavenly Father to wait, mid-prayer, while I enjoy one of His blessings. I hope He doesn't mind. I love it when the Geese come home!

1 comment:

DeEtta said...

I enjoyed the video of the geese and a peek into your morning. It was beautiful.