I am finding myself more and more overwhelmed with my life over the last year, particularly the last couple of months. I am also finding that I have more things that I need to accomplish and less energy, time and resources to accomplish them. I feel that I am constantly juggling children and their never ending doctor appointments and visits to Children's Hospital, their extra curricular activities which are already very limited (you gotta let your kid do something), and their other ongoing needs. I juggle other things like my calling, taking care of my house, taking care of my husband, taking care of myself (ya right-like when does that ever happen?), trying to juggle things by myself when my husband is magnifying his calling in the bishopric, and fulfilling my civic duties like volunteering at the schools. The list goes on and on! I am especially finding that I feel sorry for myself because I am NOT the "super woman" that I really want and feel that I need to be. This has weighed me down to the point of utter exhaustion!!! And...
I NEED A SERIOUS ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!
I have read this book several times over. My mother gifted it to me. It is not about finding balance in your life. It is about finding that one really heavy brick that out-weighs the rest and makes the balancing act (which is really what it is...an act) in your life all irrelevant. It is about finding the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, that out-weighs all of our balancing "acts" in life. And how finding that love can bring peace to your life. I need to weigh my life down with that love and the rest will just work itself out.
I love this book and have found myself applying the useful messages in it many times. And I will probably mention it again in the coming months. I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
I'll have to try and find a copy of that - it sounds like something I could use in my life!
Hmm! I am an unbalanced woman.:)
I need to get that book. Thanks for sharing and Hang in there!
Post a Comment