
We had the best Halloween ever! I usually have to put a ton of work into holidays to make them really fun, but with how busy our lives have quickly become, I didn't even put up a single decoration. You heard me right! Not a single thing. One hour before Gma and Gpa Mortenson came to get the kids for the weekend, we were rushing around to get laundry done and folded, packing done, Ryan's special food packed, and COSTUMES figured out. We had no idea what anyone was gonna be for trick-or-treating fun. So we dug deep in a box of hand-me-down costumes and found costumes for the boys. Shaney? What to do for her...and I looked up and there hanging in the kitchen was my apron with "Domestic Diva" embroidered on it. Grab a few accesories and Shaney's costume is done! Phew.
And on Saturday night we joined up with the kids and took them through my parents neighborhoods of never ending cul-de-sacs. It was AWESOME. The neighborhoods were like one giant halloween party. I don't think I have had that much fun trick-or-treating with my kids in a long time...if ever!
And yes, we somehow found time to carve some pumkins, of which didn't make it outside until after Halloween when they started molding. Oops! We'll do better next year.

From left to right: Matthew's traditional face, Ryan's ghost, Jared's vampire.
2 comments:
Did Ryan actually carve the ghost? Whoever did it did a great job? I like all the jack-o-lanterns, original and cute.
Dave carved the ghost. He had a template.
Post a Comment