I wish I could say that I was lying. I wish I was over exaggerating. But truly, I'm not! These are some pictures of the DAILY deluge that stormed through Anaheim.
On Monday, we put on our ponchos and went out. It was raining. We caught the Monorail from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland. By noon the deluge began. Seriously, the puddles were ankle deep and by the time we got back onto the Monorail, we were literally DRIPPING wet. We took the 7 minute walk from Downtown to the hotel and changed into dry clothes. Dave turned on hairdryers and put them in the 6 pairs of sopping wet sneakers.
(*Hilarious note: Dave tried to turn on the hairdryer in our bathroom and it didn't work. So he called down to the front desk to ask for one that did. A few minutes later I walk into the bathroom to see if I could figure it out. I took one look at it and say, "Umm, Darlin'? You are supposed to plug it in before you can turn it on")
I guess men don't use hairdryers very often. LOL! After several hours and millions of buckets of rain, it stopped. So we rolled up our pants, put some flip-flops on, and went back out into the park.
(*Another funny note: When the deluge started, we were actually less than 100 feet and just around the corner from one of the "private resort guest entrances".)
If we had used that entrance in the morning like we planned we would have been home an hour earlier and been much dryer. Even with flips and pants rolled up we still got sopping wet again. So we used the hairdryers on our pants and jackets this time.
Wednesday we had a GREAT day. We timed it all right and stayed VERY dry. We spent the morning in the parks, and yes we used the private entrance this time. The deluge began just as we entered the hotel around noon. When it stopped a few hours later we went back into the park and the sun even poked out for a little bit. That was our best day!
Thursday was rough. It poured much of the day. We spent all of the morning in the Grand Californian Hotel doing activities with the kids until the rain let up enough to go out. We went out in the afternoon with flips on and pants rolled up and ducked for cover when the torrents passed. By late afternoon it cleared and we spent the rest of the day doing our favorite rides. We got a few moments of sunshine too!
Friday we only had a few hours before we had to catch our plane home. The morning started out with heavy rains but lightened up enough for us to hit up a few last rides. Shaney and I even got up the courage to go on Space Mountain with Jared and Ryan. You heard me right. Ryan was a daredevil and loved all the rides that he was barely tall enough to ride on. I'm still not sure how I felt about that ride.
We pretty much spent the week in ponchos with other Washingtonians who were just as accustomed to the rain as we were. It was fun meeting people from home.
1 comment:
Yes, it was pretty much our only week of rain in the year. I was thinking about you guys. Glad you made it fun!
Post a Comment