Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!

Every year after Christmas I hear talk of New Years' Resolutions.  And then as the new year settles in I hear disappointment that the resolution has not been kept.  I stopped making resolutions many years ago. Goals are almost always set too high to be met, and the disappointment of breaking the resolution by lack of conviction or diligence is so discouraging.  I have chosen to make my resolve in a different way.  Instead...I plan on fine-tuning my recognition for the things that I have been blessed with in the new year.  And I want to focus on ways that I can recognize those blessings better.  And if I find even just one extra blessing that I have been given this year, then I have succeeded.  Now how easy is that?  It is a more productive way to start the new year, don't you think?  Happy New Year Everyone.  May you all recognize some new blessings in your life this year!

No comments: