There is a primary song that goes like this:
A special gift is kindness,
Such happiness it brings.
When I am kind to others,
My heart sings.
I have this heart shaped box with a string attached to the inside of the box top on one end, and the other end is attached to the inside bottom of the box. On this string I have pictures that correspond to the words in the song. I use this as a primary tool. And it very well defines how I feel about what Valentine's Day is all about to me.
In all honesty, I am not a fan of the conventional way of celebrating Valentine's Day. I am not a gift kind of person, and would prefer acts of kindness over some extravagant gift. It is not because I am practical...because I am not, not usually anyway. (Thank goodness for Dave in that department, who is extremely practical and keeps me grounded.) I also believe one would prefer to be shown that they are loved and adored more than one day a year. Although there are some who cannot conceive the idea of NOT exchanging gifts, it works for Dave and myself. And those acts of kindness over the years are truly more memorable and treasured than a store bought gift. And that is what celebrating Valentine's Day is all about...showing your Valentine, any day of the year, that they are important enough that you would invest the most important asset you have to make them feel special...your TIME.
I hope that in whatever way you celebrated Valentine's Day, you felt loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment