On Friday the shingles came for the roof. They used this conveyor belt to get the packages up on the roof. They are pretty heavy.
On Saturday morning a few men from our ward and one young woman came and put the shingles on and got it done in 4 hours. Hooray! Around noon I fed the crew some pizza burritos. I normally make the tortillas myself, but they take forever so I used store-bought. I also provided ice cold water and soapy lemon water with some cloths for washing up so they could eat with clean hands. Cooking for the crew was my way of saying thank you and word on the street was that they really appreciated and liked it. And creating in my kitchen is my way of keeping sane through this whole process.
1 comment:
Can I have your recipe for those delicious looking pizza burritos? They are making me so hungry!
Post a Comment