Friday, July 9, 2010

Our family's 4th of July - Pictures and posting by Shaneylin Weller

 Hey everybody, Shaney here.  Thanks to my wonderful Mother, I get to tell you all about our Fourth of July.  Yay! 
Since the Fourth landed on a Sunday this year, our family did all the fireworks the day before, on Saturday.  It was fun to spend the evening as a family around the fire, roasting pink strawberry marshmellows, and setting off fireworks.  We started off with the boys' semitruck fireworks, and then moved on to our annual favorites: ladybugs, roman candles, and the fountains. 
However, the ladybugs we got this year were psychomaniac.  My Dad lit the first one, and BAM! it was flying right past my head.  SCARY!!  Turned out the ground wasn't level.  Oops!  So my Dad rearranged the platform, and I moved to a new place.  The next ladybug was lit and FLASH! it zoomed right past my head!  Again!  At this point, we all went out to the street to do the last one, which worked wonderfully.  The rest of the fireworks after that were all quite enjoyable.
The next day after church, I drove the whole family to Gramma and Grampa's house for a Fourth of July BBQ.  It was fun visiting with most of the family.  Baby Amy even let me hold her without a fuss!  Even though it was crazy with all the boys running around upstairs and down, we all enjoyed ourselves. 
When we arrived home, we threw Matthew and Ryan into bed, and watched some of the fireworks on TV.  The fireworks in WA DC were great, but I thought that the ones in New York on the Hudson River were better.  Some of them looked like flowers :) 
Later, we started hearing fireworks around our neighborhood.  So we went upstairs to watch.  Wow what a great show!  We could see fireworks all around us!  But of course, some of the tall trees got in the way of some of the fireworks.  So we could hear them, but we couldn't see all of them.  Too bad.  Personally, I loved it all.
So there you have it. The Weller's Fourth of July 2010.  Nobody got hurt, everyone was happy, and nobody lost their sanity.  All in all, I would say it was pretty successful.  :)

1 comment:

DeEtta said...

Shaneylin, you did a great job describing your 4th of July. Made me feel like I was there.