I'm sick of this! I want this to be done. I want everybody to just go home so that I can have my home back. I'm tired of having stuff pulled out of closets and rooms lining all my walls, I'm sick of looking at all my nice neat organized spaces in total disarray. I can't find anything which drives me CRAZY. Just ask my kids. They truly hate when mom can't find something. And I rarely lose anything, let alone just about everything in my whole house. Even my kitchen is a wreck. I have cabinets from other parts of the house all over my kitchen floor. And I can't access half of my dishes. We are living off paper plates and cups and even plastic utensils. God bless the people that invented paper products, but really. I like to sit down to a finely set table every once in a while. And the rooms in this house, every room has walls stacked with stuff that has been pulled out of other rooms or closets to make way for more holes. Good grief, we might as well tear this whole house down and start over. And the plumbers? Good gracious, they are the biggest bunch of 'tear-out-any-wall-we-can-get-our-hands-on' people I have ever met. They come over and start to talk about tearing out my kitchen and the linen closet, which I keep immaculate by-the-way. They are drilling all kinds of holes which I hope they plan on actually using. I had to put the smack down because Dave isn't here this week (He is at cub scout day camp during the day with the little boys). I told them, YOU CANNOT TEAR OUT MY KITCHEN WALLS AND THAT IS FINAL!!! Find another solution. I was so glad when Dave came home to deal with these plumbers. They can't even problem-solve by themselves. Dave had to solve their problems for them. Who has the license for plumbing anyway? And the noise. The drilling and the sawing and the air compressor going off right outside the front door and nail guns exploding a loud thud every time they nail something and the thumping and banging. You would be amazed at how the decibels increase when you are downstairs. I am not sleeping well, I can't even wind down to my TV in the evenings because somehow the wires got messed up. And then DISH network sends Dave on this stupid wild goose chase when all they had to do was say, you're covered under some regional plan and we'll be out in the morning. I have been without my creature comfort (TV) for over a week now. We have very little comforts these days. We either can't find them, can't get to them, or they are not working. And Matthew is a stressed out basket case and is belligerent and trying to control everyone and is making us nuts, plus he is not sleeping well either. A good morning is when he wakes us up at 6am. He usually gets us up earlier. We have nowhere really to go. Our home is supposed to be where we are most comfortable. I feel like we are camping. I HATE CAMPING!!!
And don't anybody tell me "it will all be worth it in the end". If I didn't know that, I wouldn't be doing any of this right now. And I just need a break...
Okay, I'm done whining. Thanks for listening.
2 comments:
Okay...I'm stressed out reading this post! I can't imagine living in a home that's been disheveled.
My offer is still open to come here for a little break.
At least the end is in sight, right? And at least you're not going to be doing this for YEARS like the Biddles! They have been building their dream house for over a decade.
Post a Comment