Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy 17th Birthday to Shaney!

 
Today Shaney is 17 years old.  I wish there were words to express how lovely this child is and how much I truly love her.  Since the day she was born she has been my best friend.  And I have many, many fond memories of the first couple of years we spent together when it was "just us".  Shaney is my light, my ray of hope, my reason for living, my example of grace and beauty and patience and kindness.  My heart is full of admiration for the woman she is becoming.  I am looked at as 'the parent that made her what she is'.  But in truth, I am the parent that was 'made what I am' by her.  She is so amazing.  And all who know her agree with me that she is truly a special daughter of God!  Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Shaney!  I love you, Princess!!!

4 comments:

DeEtta said...

Shaney is indeed a very special Daughter of God. I think you can take credit for who she is becoming.

Happy Birthday Shaney!!

Emily's World said...

Happy Birthday Shaney! I hope it was a good one. And I can't believe she is 17!!! You are both amazing women Kathy!

Dixie said...

Happy birthday Shaney! The Zinn family loves you. I wish we were there to celebrate your milestones with you.
Kathy, your are the perfect mother for your children.

Deborah said...

I still remember visiting you guys when I was in college and Shaney was just a baby. She was SO CUTE!
And now she is very beautiful. Happy birthday(late) to you Shaney!