Monday, October 10, 2011

A twist on Columbus Day

When I was 16 years old I met a boy at a multi-stake dance.  This boy was NOT my type.  Very preppy looking.  And I was just a little 'wild' to say the least (a story for another day).  By the end of the evening we exchanged phone numbers and addresses.  There was definitely something about this boy that highly intrigued me.  Over the next six weeks we wrote letters and had some phone conversations.  On September 10, 1988 we became an "item".  And we looked forward to every month's anniversary...  all except one. 

On October 10th we had been an "item" for one month. 
I called this boy up and said, "do you know what today is?" 
He replies enthusiastically with "It's Monday". 
My next question, "Monday, what?"
Reply, "Monday, October 10th." 
I wasn't sure if he was toying with me or being serious. 
So I implored, "what else." 
Do you know what this funny boy says? 
"Oh ya, it's Columbus Day!" 

Good grief!!!
That's just Dave.  LOL!
Happy Anniversary to us.

2 comments:

Emily's World said...

You look so much the same the both of you and yet so different. And I don't mean the two of you look a like I mean I can tell it's you guys without batting an eye.

Love you guys!

Bridget said...

How funny. Happy Anniversary!