Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!


 Wow!  Is my Matthew really 11 years old today?  It is so hard to believe.  Matthew has made such strides in the last couple of months.  We are so proud of him.  And he is becoming more and more independent every day.  Just this week he woke up early and made his lunch all by himself.  If you understand Matthew, and how much trouble he has with his fine motor skills and grading, you would know that THIS IS A BIG DEAL! 

I am the kind of mother that is very protective of her children, but I'm not the kind of mother that hovers.  And I am usually anxious for my children to gain their independence, but with Matthew, I have hovered.  It is hard not to when your child has been born into a world not fully equipped to handle everything all by himself.  We just continue to love him and take every day as it comes and are so grateful for that day when Matthew will have a perfect body.  We love you, Matthew.  Happy Birthday!!!

Matthew got a new Mp3 player that plays movies.  WAY COOL!











Matthew got Legos from both Gparents.  He LOVES Legos!


Matthew's class even sang Happy Birthday to him today!

1 comment:

DeEtta said...

Happy Birthday to Matthew. He has come a long way, thanks to his loving family. You are blessed to have him.