As I have stated before, I am afraid of heights and small, dark, closed-in spaces. As I have also stated, I don't like to live my life in fear. Last time we went to Disneyland I stayed off many of the rides because they scared the begeebies out of me. On the last day (first trip), Jared finally convinced me to ride Space Mountain for the last ride of the week. I left Disneyland not sure how I felt about that ride. It took me a couple of years to decide that it didn't actually kill me and that I might try it again.
Disclaimer: The one ride that I didn't get to try was the Tower of Terror! Yah, it's the one where you go up in an elevator and it brings you up high and literally drops you several floors before bringing you back up again and dropping you again at random I don't know how many times. We truly we ran out of time through no fault of my own, and I was sad that I didn't get to try it out at least once! Next time.
I suppose that the older you get, the more you realize that life is passing you by and is too short not to try something at least once. I guess I'm there at the ripe old age of 29. ;D And I am so proud of myself. "Go Me!"
2 comments:
California Screamin' is my favorite. Wow. But isn't nearly as thrilling after 6 or 7 times. ;o) So that's the trick to overcome your fear. Go on it more.
Good Job Kathy! The ones that drop you freak me out. I did one at the Monroe fair 2 years ago and as I was in it I started to realize this was crazy and I could kill myself. I pulled on my seatbelt to ensure it was fastened and then my cousin's next to me and was like why didn't the attendant check to make sure we were secure. When we dropped and my butt left my seat I about died. I was like oh my goodness I am going to die. I didn't but it sure scared me good.
Post a Comment