Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day and Eternity

 
It is the end of Christmas Day and I sit down to relax after a wonderful day of presents, good food, and family.  I turn on my computer and see that my nieces and nephews have all been to David's grave.  My brother passed away 13 years ago today.  There are 5 lit candles representing each child he had to leave behind for a short while.  My eyes well up with tears not wanting to even fathom the sacrifice made.  Christmas day, of all days, Heavenly Father decided to take my brother home.  And I ponder to myself how grateful I am to my Savior for coming to this earth, and to my Heavenly Father for this gift, that one day I will be reunited with my brother and never be parted again.  Some may see the passing of a loved one on Christmas day as a damper on the season.  But I see it as a blessing and testimony that we are loved, all of mankind, on this earth by our Savior, our Heavenly Father, and those who have passed before us.  I am so much more thankful for the gift of my Savior.  Until we meet again, David.  I love you!

No comments: