Last night I received a call from my parents late in the evening. My mother sounded unusual. Kinda like the way daddy sounded the night he called me to inform me that my brother had passed away. I was IMMEDIATELY ALARMED! "What's wrong" I implore. "It's Lisa", my mother replies.
Lisa is my youngest sibling. After David passed away due to a massive heart attack from two conditions called Cardiomyopathy and an Arrhythmia, my two youngest sisters were diagnosed and promptly had defibrillators and pacemakers surgically placed on their hearts. I personally as well as all the rest of my living siblings have had to go through an echo-cardiogram and wear a holter monitor on our hearts for a short period of time to determine our risk considering that this was a congenital disease passed down to us by both parents (amazingly enough). Not a pleasant experience. Lisa is still in her first trimester. She's pregnant with her third baby. This heart condition places her as a very high risk pregnancy.
Lisa is fine I am thankful to say. The baby is fine. And every time my sisters' defibrillators go off it puts me right back to that horrible night, "Katherine, your brother has passed away!" And I still cry. And I am so grateful for defibrillators that afford me to have my two youngest sisters on this earth a little while longer. Thank you Heavenly Father for the gift of modern medical technology.
1 comment:
My heart was pounding for you as I read this. So grateful Lisa and baby are OK. She is so adorable. Another "tender mercy"
Post a Comment