As with most schools a certain code of behavior is expected even at the youngest of age. Walking silently to the classroom is one. It is enforced where I work. But the teachers make one exception. It is when I walk past the kids. They all call out to each other and then run to the fence to say "hi" to me. "It's Miss Kathy", or the ones with middle-eastern accents will say, "It's Miss Kate-thee". That's okay, I answer to them all. The next thing I know they are all chanting my name. "Miss Kathy, Miss Kathy, Miss Kathy!" Sometimes I have to move out of sight so the teachers can regain control of their classes. Those kids make me feel like such a Rock Star. I just love them to bits! I have the BEST job EVER!!!
What we are is more important than what we have been. And what we can become is more important than what we are. Dr. Brent Barlow
Sunday, October 13, 2013
They make me feel like a Rockstar!
As with most schools a certain code of behavior is expected even at the youngest of age. Walking silently to the classroom is one. It is enforced where I work. But the teachers make one exception. It is when I walk past the kids. They all call out to each other and then run to the fence to say "hi" to me. "It's Miss Kathy", or the ones with middle-eastern accents will say, "It's Miss Kate-thee". That's okay, I answer to them all. The next thing I know they are all chanting my name. "Miss Kathy, Miss Kathy, Miss Kathy!" Sometimes I have to move out of sight so the teachers can regain control of their classes. Those kids make me feel like such a Rock Star. I just love them to bits! I have the BEST job EVER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment