Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oooh, Me Me Me Me Me!

Oh joy!!
Wow!  Those are some powerful wings.  
Dave and I went to see a bird show.  I love birds.  Right?, because they were once dinosaurs, maybe.  And I love dinosaurs and paleontology.  It was a fantastic show with all kinds of exotic birds.  I was in Aviary Heaven!  So, the host of the show asks for a volunteer with a $1 dollar bill.  Oh, my hand shot up so fast.  I was all over this demonstration.  (It helps to get the host's attention by wearing a bright white jacket.  *wink*)  I was instructed to hold my hand out with the dollar bill up.  Out comes this HUGE African Raven with a wing span of about 4 feet.  He lands on my arm, grabs the bill, turns around and takes off for the stage.  Oh my gosh, that was so AWESOME!  And then he comes back and puts the dollar bill back into my hand.  It was amazing how strong the feet were on this bird and how powerful it was.  I was so excited, I was as giddy and a 10-year-old child.  I was beaming and smiling from ear to ear.  I wanted to do it again, but the show must go on.  Ahhhh, that was just amazing!!



No comments: