Sunday, March 23, 2014

Getting out of the storm

I love clapboard houses
Here in Weller Town we live in a convergent zone.  I'm not talking about Snohomish Valley (which truly is a convergent zone), I'm talking about under our roof.  It is the setup for a perfect storm.  Two or more elements come together and we have a raging tempest on our hands.  Call me a weak person, but it exhausts me to no end.  So Dave and I look for any and every opportunity to get away, just the two of us, to regroup our forces.

Two weekends ago we went to Seaside, Oregon.  We stayed in a boutique hotel that was charming and quaint.  It was set right on the promenade and we had an ocean view.  We had such a wonderful weekend and got to experience a different kind of storm.  Saturday morning as I was getting ready for the day Dave sat at the large windows and watched the storm roll in.  We were out and about that morning but by lunch time we decided it was time to hangout and watch from our room.  Rain pelted the coast from about 9:00 am to midnight.  It was a constant deluge.  And wicked-awesome winds blew constantly and even shook the hotel a few times.  It was so fun to watch.

It was a beautiful day on the beach Friday afternoon

Sleeping on the beach
Oops!  No sleeping on the beach.

Our cute boutique hotel

Sunset

Caught a contrail at dusk.  I love this shot!

Evening on the promenade

North of the headland.  Cannon Beach is the next town south.

Watching the storm roll in

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.
Time to watch this storm from inside.
It is freezing out here and the wind is getting pretty rough.

This seagull stood out here buffeting the winds.
He would fly off and then a few minutes later
 the wind would blow him back
and he would end up back outside our window.
It was so funny to watch.  Those were some mighty strong winds.
About 60-80 mph gusts.

The promenade.  So charming!


Cold and windblown.  I forgot both my coat and windbreaker.

My sentiments exactly!
I really want a handbag like this one.  :D


I have got to get me one of these.
 But I'm really nice, I promise.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Kathy thanks for motivating me to take a weekend with my Mike. Our time always seems to get blown away in our own convergent zone. Love your posts and updates. Just love your family!