Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It smells like the day I got married.

I love peonies.  They remind me of my wedding day and a promise Dave made to me years ago.  I have waited years to find the double-pink sorbets (and then waited for them to bloom).  They typically don't bloom until they are well established, usually a couple of years.  But the wait was worth it.  All my peony varieties bloom right around Memorial Day like clock-work.  They are large, lush, and extremely fragrant.  This year I decided that I had plenty in the garden and wanted some in the house, so I cut a vase full.  And, when I walk by, the smell of my wedding day permeates my sensories,  my heart, and my soul.  What a good day that was and what I great life I have.  I love Spring.  It reminds me that no matter how tough the winter days have been, literally and figuratively, better days are here and more are coming my way.  What a blessing it is to grow, tend to, and bask in the resulting joy of some of the most beautiful creations on earth.

No comments: