(Child)
Good morning, merry sunshine
Good morning, merry sunshine
How did you wake so soon?
You've chased away the little stars
And shone away the moon!
I saw you go to sleep last night
Before I knelt to pray
How did you get way over there
And, pray, where did you stay?
(Sun)
I never go to sleep, dear child,
I'm shinning all the night
And as the world keeps turning 'round
It hides me from your sight.
But as it turns you back again
You'll find me waiting here
To shine a bright "good morning" down
On all the children dear!
There are several versions of this song. I tried to find an Mp3 version to attach, but found the sheet music instead. The version I have typed is the one that sounds most familiar to me. Although, growing up with my mother waking us with her singing wasn't pleasant at the time, I do remember it fondly.
2 comments:
My mother sang that song to us too.
I don't think my mom sang that song to us. :)
I guess you all are used to the sun setting so late, by now. I'm not sure how well I would do if it was me. I savor bed time. Just ask Thavee...
Post a Comment