Monday, October 26, 2009

My Little Ones Are Amazing!

Yesterday was our Primary Program in which I led the music.  I have led the music in primary for a lot of years and every year I am just amazed at how the kids really step up and deliver.  This year, however, I was not sure what would happen.  I wasn't sure if the kids could pull it off.  In years past, the kids are asked to learn 6 songs from the Children's Songbook, one from the Hymnal,  (all familiar), and only one that is brand new to them.  This year they were asked to learn 4 brand new songs.  These were NOT easy songs to learn.  The music leader (me) even had trouble with them.  These songs were tricky melodies, multi-conceptual, and loaded with lots of BIG words.  My poor, poor Sunbeams!  I did what I could all year to help the children learn AND MEMORIZE all the songs.  (I don't stand in front with picture cards durning the program - yeah, I'm mean :D).  And to my amazement...voila!  They delivered miraculously!  I am so proud of all my little ones!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Those songs really were lovely. I didn't realize you didn't have a picture board...Of course I saw you didn't have one, but I thought maybe someone else in front may have.

Chelsea said...

I have admired you for your ability to get those kids to sing and as a mom I love your meanness:). You do wonderfully at your calling. I'm glad it payed off (it usually does)!

RayNTin said...

YOU are the BEST! How many years have you had that calling? Because when I was primary president you were in that calling and it has been almost 7 years since I was released.