Friday, October 16, 2009

Out My Kitchen Window Today!


I am always sad to see the splendor of Summer's bloom leave. But then the magnificence of Autumn's color replaces it and I am reminded again how much I love Autumn and am ready for the change. The weather has been different all week, and I have enjoyed looking out my kitchen window to see what Mother Nature has brought for the day. Sometimes it has been sunny with blue skies, sometimes breezy and even down right windy, and sometimes it has been rainy, and many times a combination of each. But I always feel blessed to be able to see all the varieties that she has to offer. Today is a very rainy day. You cannot see the rain droplets in this picture, but you can imagine...hear the rain pitter-pattering on the rooftop and deck, smell the earth as it renews itself with the fresh moisture, and see the colors of red, orange, and yellow mingle with a dark grey sky, which only enhances and deepens the hues. It is quiet, and you can contemplate all that is around you, and listen to your own thoughts. It is just lovely and refills my soul from the busy and depleting activities of Summer. It is replenishing. Change is good!

1 comment:

DeEtta said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Makes doing dishes more enjoyable.