Sunday, November 29, 2009

Parlez-vous français?

One of my favorite times of the day is after dinner when Shaney, Jared and I linger at the table and spend some happy time together.  We giggle and play games and joke and just make a general riot.  We do a ton of laughing...either until Shaney is hiccuping or crying.  We always have such a great time.

This evening after dinner, we began playing a game I learned at Girls' Camp when I was a kid...YES, I went to Girls' Camp!  It is called parlez-vous francais?  Which means 'do you speak french?' and is pronounced par-lay-voo-fraun-say. In this game you pass a cup and sing:

parlez-vous francais
la ree la rah la ray,
parlez-vous francais,
la ree la rah la ray. 

As you sing, you pass your cup to the next person and so forth.  At the end of the verse you start again, but go the other direction.  You do this over and over, switching directions, going FASTER AND FASTER until someone messes up.  The faster you go the harder it is!  It really is a funny game and induces much laughter.  Shaney and I had a super fun time teaching it to Jared.  He did very well at it, too.  Here are some pictures of how goofy Shaney and Jared were getting toward the end of the game.


I, on the other hand, remained perfectly lady-like, refined and composed......YEAH, RIGHT!

1 comment:

Megan said...

We used to play that at my grandma's house! It's so fun! :) What a happy family you have.