Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Night In Madrid!


I love music.  And who doesn't?  I grew up with it.  All kinds.  Some fantastic like classical and opera, some brain scrambling like Oingo Boingo, and some down right painful with my mother's students in her music-teaching studio.  I have many unpleasant memories of hours listening to lessons. None the less,  it was a huge part of my life.  Our family woke up to my mother singing, we sang in the car together, listened to records, were always involved in some sort of production put on by my mother, or just hearing the piano being played, preferably by my mother and not her students.  I also remember my dad would take us to productions like "The Nutcracker", "Peter And The Wolf"  and some other musicals.  I always loved it!  But when Dave and I married we just didn't go.  I figured that it wasn't his thing.  I didn't realize how much I missed it until several years ago.  I began hinting that I would like Dave to take me to the symphony.  Finally, FINALLY, we went.  It was opening night at the symphony for the season and it was FANTASTIC!  It was thrilling and suspenseful and exciting and wonderful.  It was better than a really great book.  We came away smiling from ear to ear.  Next engagement with the symphony, May 2013.  I can't wait!

No comments: