My first van was a really great car. Although I didn't get to pick it out (I really didn't like the blue) we were grateful to have a "brand new" car. I dreamed of the day when I would actually get to pick out my new van. I spent those 10 years thinking up all the things I wanted in it. And I wanted one in RED......
| Matthew had a really hard time saying good-bye. But, as soon as we got the new car home, he forgot all about the blue one. |
Ten years later our family was no longer growing in number but in size. And we needed and larger van. My time had come and I knew exactly what I wanted. I was so excited! We went to the car lot of our choice and were slammed with reality. They just didn't have exactly what I wanted. We came home empty-handed. The kids were so disappointed. Weeks later, after searching nearly all the way across the country with no success, we had no choice. I had to settle for one in a color that was the lesser obnoxious than the other choices. It was bright metallic silver.
I must say that there was a lot of drama getting this car. I am happy to say the drama was not by me. I was cool as a cucumber, but still had an air about me that put fear into the dealer. (I seem to be able to have that effect on people sometimes.) The dealer bent over backwards to make me happy. Dave took care of the rest. And we drove home in our brand new 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan.
In 10 years, my next car WILL BE RED!
No comments:
Post a Comment