Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Miracle of the Montessori in My Life

There was a time in my life when I thought God hated me, that He was doing his very best to make life miserable and unbearable for me.  I thought my life on earth was just a joke and a game to Him and that I was a puppet on strings and He was having a great laugh at my expense.  This attitude is so exhausting to live with and quite frankly, I grew tired of expending so much energy being angry.  I suppose a devastating experience of having to let go of someone I loved very much changed all that when I realized that I really needed Him to get me through this agonizing trial in my life.  It was when I reached out that I realized how tender He really is to me.  And that is when, despite all the difficult things that happen in life, I started to notice all the blessings He was giving me and had already given me...

I don't think I ever shared what a miracle the Montessori music teaching position coming into our lives 2 years ago was.  Where Dave works, the Snohomish School District pays out once a month for 12 months for all jobs whether it be a full time teacher or a seasonal coach.  Dave is also a coach and we were getting a certain allotment every month from that and that was how we were getting by every month.  One day the district decided to wait and pay in a 3 month allotment which meant that we would not be able to cover our bills for 9 months.  That is a terrifying prospect for Dave and he was really worried.  One night we were sitting on the porch and Dave was verbalizing his concerns with me.  I felt very confident and told him "not to worry and that it would all work out".  Although I had NO IDEA how.  The very next morning I was approached about a position teaching music at the Montessori.  The money I would get from that every month was exactly what we would need.

Last year I was offered another position at a campus in Issaquah.  I was so flattered.  But we decided not to take the position which was a hard decision to make.  The campus was just too far away for it to be worth my time.  I really love my job and was looking for more hours.  But it was impressed upon my mind that something else was coming and that I should "just wait".

Now we have a daughter in college and a son getting ready for a mission and Dave is again concerned about money and how to pay for all of it.  But once again the tender mercies of the Lord have appeared.  A few weeks ago I was approached about a 2nd teaching position at a campus in Bothel.  Changes were being made and they specifically asked for me.  WOW!  What an honor.  I am also currently working out details for a 3rd position at a another campus that also asked for me.  And all this because 10 years ago the Lord gave me a calling in the primary to teach music to children.  God loves me.  He wants to bless my life.  My life is NOT a joke to Him.  And if I can just be patient with His timing and have faith in Him, it will all work out.

2 comments:

Emily's World said...

I love hearing about those moments of ahha, how the Lord has a plan for us and makes everything come together.
Love you Kathy!

RayNTin said...

I love this! Love how the Lord works in our lives through our callings. You are amazing!